Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The BEST people I know....









My Aunt Julie, and my Mom Nancy. These are two of the most awesome women you can ever imagine. Women in our family seem to have been blessed with having pretty crappy things happen to us. With out going into details, almost all of us have been through a lot of really bad stuff. But My Aunt Julie, she's always smiling, and Mom is always there for anyone who needs her. I know that I don't know what I'd do with out either of them in my life.

For a long time, Julie lived far away with her husband Butch (aka Jackson Guice famous Comic Book Artist) and their incredibly wonderful daughter "The Beth". She's so wonderful she deserves a The in front of her name, because she is The One and Only. This past summer, they came "home". My Aunt Julie now lives two blocks away from me, and I can hardly remember a time when she wasn't near. It's almost like something was missing before, and now it's not. I know my Mom feels the same way.

Recently, Julie gave one of her kidneys to my Uncle Bob. (Also another wonderful person who I love very much). I just can't tell you how proud I am of her. Not everybody would do that, but she did, without a second thought. When I think of Aunt Julie I think of a big giant bear hug and loud contagious laughter that fills me with joy.


My Mama. Where do I begin? She just is awesome. She's been a mother to so many more people than just her kids. She'd do anything for anyone and has proven that time and time again. She's always shown me nothing but love and is proud of me, despite all the crap I've managed to screw up in my life. We were dirt poor growing up, especially after she left my biological father. He was a piece of crap who did more damage to people who he supposedly loved than you would think is humanly possible. Anyway, even though we didn't have much, I never cared. It never really bothered me, as long as we had her. She made sure we had what we needed, and worked hard to keep us safe. She would tell me over and over again, "Yes Jessie, everything is going to be all right" and she never got frustrated with me, even though it was the 20th time I would have asked her in 20 minutes. To this day, I'll ask her if everything is gonna be OK, and she tells me it will be, without complaint. And when she tells me, I believe her.

OK guys, that's my sap for the day. Actually, that's enough sap for the next several weeks. Don't know what made me get all mushy like that but it's creeping me out.

I love you guys!

-Jess

1 comment:

GrannyNan said...

Hey, That was really sweet! No wonder you are my favorite middle dauther! Love you, Mom