Thursday, November 6, 2008

COUNTDOWN TO THE FIRST ANNIVERSARY OF MY 30TH BIRTHDAY

It's closing in. 31 years is coming to claim me. I can hear it calling my name as it inches ever closer to my aging body. I still feel young. I still feel like a teenager trapped in a grown-up world. I still feel like I'm pretending to know what I'm doing and what I'm talking about, when in fact, I have abso-freakin'-lutely no idea what I'm doing or what I'm talking about. My kids think I'm so smart (well Max does, Grace knows way more than I do) and can do no wrong. Poor little saps, thinking their Mama actually knows what in the heck she's doing.

Woe is me, right? Right! I know it's not really that big of a deal, but aging sucks. I'm just going to pretend there is no such thing as a birthday. Maybe if I ignore it, it will just go away. If i pretend like it's not there, be very very quiet, maybe it won't be able to find me. Maybe 31 will come to claim me, calling out, "Jessie, Jessie where are you?", and I'll be hiding so 31 will just have to give up and go home.

What do you think?

-Jess

1 comment:

Kim said...

Jess, This is just your second anniversary for your 29th Birthday!!!

I know the feeling - 30 will be coming to get me next month!