Thursday, December 4, 2008

All I want for Christmas....

If someone asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I would have no answer to give. I have absolutely no idea what i want, what could possibly make me happy. I know I'm not getting anything, and that is perfectly OK with me. I want my kids to get what they want and deserve. I want my nieces and nephews to be blessed with a great Christmas too. I want to win the lottery, I want to be married to my prince charming (that's a laugh huh?). I want to live in a house with a wrap-a-round porch. I want all kinds of things that most people want but don't ever expect to get.

I complain too much, and do the woe-is me bit way too much. In truth, I'm really very blessed. I have a great family, a few really good friends who I would move heaven and earth for, and I live in a country where I don't have to worry about wars in the street, or being persecuted for showing too much skin. What's not to be happy about? (Can you tell I'm having an optimistic day? Just wait, I'm sure I'll be back to "glass half empty" thinking soon enough.)

On a side note; I got out some of the Christmas decorations last night, put up our little Charlie Brown Tree and was trying to decide where to "hang" our stockings when inspiration struck. I decided we needed a fire place. So I got out some poster size paper that I have, taped four pieces to the wall, and we painted a fire place, complete with a "wood" mantel that our stockings our now hanging from. I figure those are the things my kids might remember about Christmas. I might not be able to get them everything they want, but boy do I make it interesting. I think tonight we'll start painting decorations on our sliding glass door.

Love you all!

-Jess

1 comment:

GrannyNan said...

What a good idea!! I am proud of you!! Keep your chin up!!

Love you, Mom